Touring, exploring and discovering is part of what makes Stand Up Paddling so fascinating. The Ray Air is the inflatable version of our Ray – a cruiser with immense glide to get you into new territories comfortably.
With similar characteristics to its solid equivalent, the Ray Air has a maximized waterline that combines both stability and glide. The two sizes of 11’6” and 12’6” are significantly faster than last years Fly Air Touring, thanks to a reduced tail width resulting in a cleaner flow of undisturbed paddle strokes. The center width of 31” and 32” make both models very easy to paddle and to keep your balance on, even if you’re a first timer. The optimized thickness of the Ray Air has improved it’s rigidity without additional air pressure, while the extra volume keeps you up and dry.
We’re offering the Ray Air in two high quality constructions; our light weight and durable Stringer Technology, which comes with additional colour rail support and a lower price point, as well as our Premium construction – the state of the art of inflatable SUP Double Layer Technology. With a reduction in weight of around 20 – 25 % when compared to a standard double layer construction – it’s significantly stiffer in comparison to the single layer iSUP – you won’t find anything better.
The Ray Air Premium comes in a new Wheely Backpack combo with easy entry zipper and all the convenient straps and compartments you need to carry your Ray Air Premium. A mastfoot insert for optional windsurfing rounds off the Premium package. The Ray Air is packed in our organized standard backpack with padded straps and all the toys and features in place.
Both models are easy to inflate with our new ergonomic Fanatic Power Pump.
- New Double Layer Light Technology, saving around 20 – 25 % of weight combined with 25 – 30% increase in stiffness. The highest quality and durability available on the market (Ray Air Premium)
- Lightweight Stringer Technology with new colour rail reinforcement (Ray Air)
- Produced at the worlds most renowned manufacturer with top quality materials and production process, providing unmatched air pressure / stiffness ratio
- Full deck / base quality printing and rail design for superior optics
- Removable Center Fin – zero tools needed
- Integrated deck net to attach luggage
- New high quality towing eyelets
- New comfortable handle
- Diamond grooving footpad for the ultimate grip and comfort
- New Wheely Backpack with easy entry zipper for effortless packing and transportation (Ray Air Premium only – Ray Air comes in classic blue backpack)
- New ergonomically improved Fanatic Power Pump for faster and comfortable inflation
- Mastfoot insert for windsurfing option (Ray Air Premium only)
|Model||Volume||Width||Length||Thickness||Weight*||Recommended User Weight||Fittings||Mastfoot Insert|
|RAY AIR PREMIUM 11’6″ X 31″||295 l||31″ / 78.7 cm||11’6″ / 350.5 cm||6″ / 15 cm||9.30 kg||< 100 kg||Race Air 20 cm RTM; US Box||x|
|RAY AIR PREMIUM 12’6″ X 32″||335 l||32″ / 81.3 cm||12’6″ / 381 cm||6″ / 15 cm||10.0 kg||< 110 kg||Race Air 20 cm RTM; US Box||x|
*Weight tolerances of ± 8% possible
DOUBLE LAYER LIGHT TECHNOLOGY
Our Premium construction – the new Double Layer Light Technology, features a second PVC layer which is directly weld to the core layers around the V-Drop Stitch material – the heart of each Fanatic Inflatable. The additional third layer of coloured rail bands round of the highly durable quality and the unmatched optics of the stylish deck print. We save around 20 – 25% of weight when compared to the standard double layer technology, and offer around 25 – 30% more stiffness in comparison to a standard construction.